Here is one of my new favorite cards using a stamp set I love! It features the Lift Me Up stamp set and matching Up & Away thinlits and some fun new techniques!
- Cut a piece of Soft Sky cardstock to 8 1/2 by 5 1/2 for your card base.
Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to 4 by 5 1/4.
- Using the brand new Embossing Paste, Soft Sky reinker, and the Clouds Decorative Mask from the new Pattern Party Decorative Masks, you will now create the cloud background. Tame a small amount of Embossing Paste (maybe 2-3 tsp) and combine it with 2 drops of Soft Sky reinker in a small bowl. Mix well.
- *Make sure you are using some grid or scratch paper to set your piece of Whisper White down on. The Paste can get messy! Lay the Clouds Decorative Mask over your piece of Whisper White. I taped the mask to my grid paper to keep the mask from moving. Using the Palette Knives, apply the Paste evenly over the Clouds Decorative Mask. Smooth it back and forth as best as you can while covering all of the open Clouds over your cardstock. You don’t need a lot of paste applied, one smooth layer is plenty.
- Remove the Clouds Decorate Mask and wash it off along with your knives. Set the cardstock off to the side to dry, it dries pretty quickly. You can also use your Heat Gun to dry it even faster, way fast! Just make sure you are using a “waving” motion with the Heat Gun and not holding it in one spot to prevent “burning”. Once it’s dry, adhere it to the Soft Sky card base you cut first.
- Using some Whisper White cardstock and the Lift Me Up stamp set, stamp the 2 balloon images using the Archival Basic Black inkpad.
- Now we are going to use the Watercolor Pencils to color in your balloons. You can use whatever colors you would to. I used Rich Razzleberry, Bermuda Bay & Calypso Coral.
- Then, I took a Blender Pen and brushed over the balloons. This blends the Watercolor Pencils. I brushed over all the balloons all at once giving it a “vintage” look. You can also brush over the colors individually cleaning your Blender Pen after each color.
- Using your Up & Away thinlits and the Big Shot, cut out your balloons. Use Dimensionals to adhere them to your Clouds.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to 1 by 3 1/4 and stamp your sentiment using the Rich Razzleberry inkpad. Then taking the Banner Triple punch, punch out the left side of the cardstock to make it look like a banner. Adhere that to your Clouds with adhesive.
- Lastly, I HAD to add a little sparkle with one of the new Glitter Enamel Dots! How can you not love those?!? I love sparkle!